In preparation for Valentine’s Day, you need a special and decadent dessert for your romantic dinner. Giolitti Deli has everything you need for the holiday, as we sell many homemade desserts, as well as a delicious line of imported products from Bindi. All of the desserts are offered as single portions in the store unless pre-ordered for full cakes. Continue reading to learn more about the delicious desserts, then visit us at Giolitti Deli to pick out your favorites!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to serve a tasty, authentic Italian dessert!
- Torta Nocciola: Alternating layers of hazelnut cake, hazelnut cream made with hazelnuts from Piedmont and chocolate cream, finished with praline hazelnuts.
- Torta Della Nonna (Grandmother cake): Pastry cream with a hint of lemon on a base of shortcrust pastry, covered with pine nuts, almonds, and powdered sugar.
A traditional New York cheesecake is flavored with a hint of vanilla, on a sponge cake base, while a Ricotta cheesecake is an Italian classic made with ricotta cheese, delicately textured with a hint of natural orange essence.
- Ricotta cheesecake
- NY style cheesecake
Chocolate pairs beautifully with various wines from Italy, so be sure to check out our wine selection when choosing your dessert!
- Chocolate temptation: Layers of chocolate cake made with cocoa from Ecuador, filled with chocolate and hazelnut creams and a hazelnut crunch, covered with a chocolate glaze.
- Three chocolate mousse: White and dark chocolate mousse on a sponge base, coated with a chocolate hazelnut glaze and topped with white chocolate shavings
- Dark chocolate profiteroles: Cream puffs filled with vanilla cream and enrobed in chocolate
- Cioccolato E Lamponi (chocolate and raspberries): Layers of chocolate sponge cake, chocolate cream, and raspberry sauce finished with whole raspberries
- Caramel apple walnut cake: Layers of apple cake studded with walnuts, filled and iced with caramel cream, decorated with brown sugar crumbs and gooey caramel
- Ricotta and pistachio cake: Pistachio and ricotta creams separated by sponge cake, decorated with pistachio pieces and dusted with powdered sugar
- Limoncello raspberry cake: Layers of limoncello soaked sponge cake filled with lemon cream and raspberry marmalade, decorated with a raspberry miroir and white chocolate piping
- Frutti di bosco (mixed berry cake): Shortcrust pastry base filled with Chantilly cream, topped with a layer of sponge cake and lavishly garnished with an assortment of berries
For the ice cream lovers, we even carry Bombas imported from Italy.
- Spumoni: strawberry, pistachio, and chocolate gelato, coated in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate
- Dream: caramel center surrounded by peanut butter, coated in milk chocolate with a peanut butter drizzle
- Exotic: mango, passionfruit, and raspberry sorbetto, all covered in
white chocolate and drizzled in chocolate
- Classic: vanilla and chocolate with a cherry and sliced almonds, covered in cinnamon with a chocolate coating
Gelato and Sorbetto
Gelato is similar to ice cream as they are both made with egg yolks, sugar, and milk, however, cream is not an ingredient. Sorbetto is not made with eggs or dairy but instead contains syrup/fruit juice and water.
- Orange and lemon Sorbetto in natural shells
- Gelato flutes in limoncello or hazelnut chocolate
Authentic Italian Cuisine From Giolitti Deli
Giolitti Deli is a full-service Delicatessen in Annapolis, MD, specializing in authentic Italian cuisine. Founded in 1992, we use the freshest ingredients to make time-honed recipes from scratch, with no MSG or preservatives. We believe in real food and offer many healthy options, including vegetarian and vegan menu items. At Giolitti Deli, we make our own sauces, mozzarella, grilled and roasted vegetables, bread, pizza dough, and desserts, and our sandwiches, salads, pasta, pizza, and entrees are made to order. Owner Mary Giolitti has combined her passion for great food and fine wine to offer Annapolis a true taste of Italy!
Team members who also make the business possible include Manager Kathy Hunter, Manager and Catering Director Cheryl Molesky, Head Baker Porfirio Diaz, Chef Alfredo Escobar, and Deli Manager Noe Merino. To contact us, please visit our contact page or give us a call at 410.266.8600. Also, be sure to keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and our blog!